Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Can bleach be added without the pump running? My pump runs from noon to 4:00, but I'd like to add a quart (or less) of bleach before I leave for work each morning. Is that a good idea? If so, sprinkle around perimeter, or dump in skimmer? If not, I'll keep doing what I do now, check in the evening and run the pump for 60 minutes or so.

ideally it would be best to have it running when you add any chemicals. If you mixed it up in a 5 gallon bucket with water and tossed it around the pool it would probably be okay. can't you just have your timer come on for an hour in the morning and just add it then?

Good thought. I'll need to find a place to buy a couple timer stops, I only see 2 for 1 cycle a day.

tcat said:
My pump runs from noon to 4:00...
This a pretty short run cycle. Generally people run a minimum of 8 to 10 hours for good filtration and water turn over. Not that I'm saying you need to run it that long because every pool is different. If the 4 hours works for you and you have clean water that's great.

I am experimenting with the time. Was 6 hrs, been using 4 for the past week and don't see any difference (other than a few extra leaves the skimmer isn't catching). I'll probably add the 2 back when I get the timer trippers I just ordered. Staying clear! I think I'm getting 10K turnover in 2-3 hours. My water has also stayed between 84 and 85 degrees all summer so far... pretty amazing for Austin, TX!

One thing to try would be splitting up your run times. Maybe 2 hours in the morning, when you will test and add chems. 2 hours in the afternoon and then 2 hours in the middle of the night.

Might help keep the surface cleaner ... might not ... the timer trips are cheap so maybe pick up 2 pair to give you flexibility.

Did that, 2 pair like $4.50 at Amazon with free shipping. 3 runs sounds like a plan, I do have a small air leak I can't find, so my pump doesn't start out fully primed (after 20 hrs). Has no problem priming, but takes 20-30 seconds of air swishing. The only thing I haven't looked at or changed is the bucket drain plug. Can't do much about leaves, big oak tree... and wind seems to always be blowing away from the skimmer. Haven't figured out if it's better to have jets pushing the surface, or facing down... skimmer seems to gather thate same amount either way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.