Cloudy Pool... Help

Jul 8, 2012
Had crystal clear water for past several weeks. Yesterday morning was lightly cloudy. Added clorox in evening. Morning was still the same. Bought shock and added 2lbs around 6pm. This morning, about the same. By the way I had a sock w/ cya at the return to bring up my levels because it is so hot in San Antonio. My last reading was barely at 30ppm. Here are my readings as of this morning:

FC - 1.5
TC - 2
CC - .5
TA - 170
CH - 280
CYA - 35

Took the sock out to play it safe. I have used BBB for about a month or so and have been very satisfied w/ results.

what "shock" powder did you buy and add?
Just stick to liquid chlorine / bleach for adding any chlorine to your pool ... daily maintenance or the shock process.

Like, UWV said, with a CYA of 35ppm, I would suggest a minimum FC of 3ppm ... you likely should be targeting around 6ppm (or more) at night so it is still above 3ppm by the next evening.

But given the cloudy water, low FC, and high FC loss ... starting the shock process is a good idea.

Poolcalculator will show you how much bleach to use. Take it up and keep it at shock level.

Cal-hypo can contribute to cloudiness.
And since your CH is still low, using it may not be too bad.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.