I know what I read on this forum is correct, but I don't understand how the pool store people could get their philosophy.
Pool Store (PS): How to kill your algae not to clorinate, and turn off the SWG. Put in this algeciede ($, yes I got that part) and 48hrs until the algae dies. Vacuum and scrub and filter. THEN shock and cl. They said Cl and shock isn't good enough for mustard algae (which my wife thinks we have, but I doubt).
Here is what happened :
My wife listened to me and went overboard because "you cant overshock". She dumped 17 jugs of 6% bleach into my 2400kgal pool. CL went up to about 5 for 4 hours and back down to zero. CYA level ~50. Overcast day. Her response was, "I am done guessing. The pool store was right". She is now following their advice.
FC:0, TC:0, CYA high at 100,
PH way high at 7.8 (liquid test = 7.8, strips hard to read but could be max at 8.2),
Alk 180, TH 100, salt at 2800 ppm
StrikeOut algecide (7.41% copper) added.
Comments? Predictions? Warnings?
Thanks in Advance,