Liquidator ordered!

Mar 5, 2012
Central FL
Sorry for the useless post, but I just had to tell someone who is as poolgeeky as I am! After doing lots of research on the matter, I went ahead and ordered a Liquidator C-201 last night around midnight. I emailed the vendor with a question before ordering, and was pleasantly surprised to receive a reply within minutes. I went ahead and placed the order on their site with the 5% discount and free shipping, and received a shipment notification 20 minutes later. I just love efficiency. I should have it in my hands in the next week or so and will be sure to post back with pics and questions! I do have one for now...

I know that the LQ outlet goes into the pump inlet (yellow), but I'm not quite sure where I should tap into the filter outlet. There are 3 possible spots for the LQ inlet hose as seen below. (Green) is in the diagonal section of pipe between the filter outlet and first 90deg elbow, (blue) is before the inline chlorinator, and (red) is after the chlorinator, before it splits to the returns/waterfall. Would it be best to tap in as close to the filter outlet as possible (green)? That's what I'm thinking, but I don't really know for sure. The Rainbow chlorinator is not in use and is turned all the way off. Also as you can see, I will be placing the unit next to my current equipment pad on a 16x16" concrete pad they sell at HD for like 4 bucks. I've measured and it'll fit there perfectly once I trim back the verbinum hedge a bit. Whatcha think? Thanks!

Jose

5EllZ.jpg

Whoa, you sir just creeped me out a bit. I was searching for answers because Lowes has pipe clamps that are longer but narrower, and without the hole for the tube fitting. If I drill a hole in the clamp, there won't be enough metal on either side of the hole to keep it together. :( I came across an old post of yours where you said that you started out with the clamps but drilled/tapped the pipe. I was about to PM you asking what was needed to do it as I got the email notification for this thread. Stalker!! :p I will go ahead and just tap the hole for a fitting. Seems like it'd be much safer than trying to squish a flat rubber washer/tube fitting onto a round pipe. Thanks for preemptively answering my question!

Jose

Jose

Alright, the LQ has been installed, pipes have been tapped, hoses attached, and flowmeter set to 2. I'm running my pump from 8am-8pm on low, with a high session from 2-4pm for skimming. Setting the LQ flow to 2 results in an FC of exactly 6ppm, which for my CYA level of 50 is perfect! I love this thing. It's nice knowing that all I have to do is add a quart or so of acid every few days. Sorry for the crappy cloudy cell phone pics but my wife has the camera with her today. Here ya go! BTW, is it normal for the hoses to get a bit cloudy? Is that an effect of the UV or chlorine flowing through them? BTW sorry Bama, I forgot to leave the tails on the zipties in your honor. I hope I'm not cursed now! :)

Jose

Full pad
oLjr7.jpg

LQ outlet plumbed into pump inlet
cQlgh.jpg

LQ inlet hose plumbed just after filter outlet
RqNtM.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Z06Boricua - Would you mind measuring the foot print of the bottom of the LQ? If your pad actually is 16x16 I'm guessing it is 14x14? I just ordered mine and I'm laying out my pad today with the equipment. I want to make sure I leave enough room for it to fit. I could not find the dimensions on the web.

Another question...I see you have a faucet for a hose plumbed in after the pump. Is that to drain water out of the pool or do you use it for other reasons? ...just curious.

Your electrical work looks real clean BTW.

Blowout said:
Z06Boricua - Would you mind measuring the foot print of the bottom of the LQ? If your pad actually is 16x16 I'm guessing it is 14x14? I just ordered mine and I'm laying out my pad today with the equipment. I want to make sure I leave enough room for it to fit. I could not find the dimensions on the web.

Another question...I see you have a faucet for a hose plumbed in after the pump. Is that to drain water out of the pool or do you use it for other reasons? ...just curious.

Your electrical work looks real clean BTW.

Good morning! You are correct, it's about 14.5" square at the bottom and around 29" high. As for the faucet, my PB plumbed that in to drain the pool. We've been getting tons of rain lately so I've just left the hose connected with the other end down at the corner of my yard. Once the water level reaches the top of the skimmer, I simply turn it on and let the water run out for 30-60min. Works great.

Thanks! The electrical guys actually did really good work, I was happy with the whole setup.

Jose

Thanks for the measurements!

Hmmm....now you've got me thinking now about adding a hose bib. I ususally syphon with a hose from the pool inot the french drain, but never liked the fact it would limit subsurface water from entering the drain when I did this. Its also not convenient. Looks like I gotta run to Home Depot again :lol: Thanks for the great idea Jose!

Phill

Bama Rambler said:
I'd buy a 1/4" pipe tap and 7/16" drill bit and a 3/8" tubing to 1/4" NPT adapter. Just tap the piping rather than trying to clamp it.

I believe you mean a 7/32 drill bit.

Thanks for this piece of information... I'm doing the install today and will use this fitting.

Blowout said:
Bama Rambler said:
I'd buy a 1/4" pipe tap and 7/16" drill bit and a 3/8" tubing to 1/4" NPT adapter. Just tap the piping rather than trying to clamp it.

I believe you mean a 7/32 drill bit.

Thanks for this piece of information... I'm doing the install today and will use this fitting.
Actually Bama was right, the 1/4" 18 NPT tap does require a 7/16" diameter hole. You'll also want to use two of the Watts quick connect 3/8" to 1/4" adapters. HD sells both straight (PL-3025) and 90deg (PL-3028) fittings, and I used the 90deg ones for a cleaner look as you can see in my pic. Clicking the below pics will take you HD's product page for that item. Good luck!!

Jose

Blowout said:
Your right...my bad. I was thinking 1/4" machine and not pipe thread. I have the right fittings now but have to get the tap. Home Depot didn't have it...off to Ace...

Yeah, my HD had everything in stock but the tap itself. I had to get that from Ace. It was only like 7 or 8 bucks.

Jose

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Picked up the tap at Ace... the guy at the store took me to the wrong tap...at least I don't feel so bad if he got confused too :oops:

Everything is up and running now. Thanks for the great input!

Noticed the fittings leaked at first until they were pushed and pulled a few times. The Watts are sensitive fittings. Also installed a Hayward metering valve. Currently have the flow meter dancing at 3. I'll test the water for chlorine in the am and see how it reads.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.