Anyone use the Sta-Rite Inelli-Pro 4x160 pump??

bboehm

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2007
Cary, IL
Hi,

I am in need of replacing my pump on my 20x40 IG and my pool dealer is recommending this new pump from Sta-Rite. It is computer controlled at 4 different speeds. They say that you can run it at the lowest speed (for a longer time than you would normally run your pump) and that it will run at an average of 30% less cost per year.

It is supposed "whisper quiet". And the benefit of running for a longer period of time is that your pool water is being filtered for a longer period of time instead of sitting stagnant.

It all sounds great except the price. Pool dealer says his cost on it is around $1200 but pump will pay back in energy savings in about 3 to 4 years

Just curious if anyone here has any experience with this.

Thanks!!

That pump is very similar to the IntelliFlo VS, which is well thought of. They us the same motor and controller and a slightly different pump.

The savings vary but are often significant. I have heard of 50% saving a couple of times.

i have the sta-rite pump you're talking of... I had originally contracted for the pentair intelliflow 4x160 and they brought this one instead... after doing some research and discovering they were the exact same motor and electronics I decided I wasn't going to argue with them. Pentair owns Sta-Rite anyway so the only difference is the wet-end of the pump. I was told the sta-rite version is a little quieter but who knows...

Thanks Eskimo Pie. Not sure if it was you or not but I think I may have saw your post on GardenWeb about this.

Have you been happy with the pump's performance?

I think I am going to go with the Pentair model as most of the postings I've been seeing have been recommending it. I am hoping to be able to eliminate my pool cleaner booster pump as well and and run from this new Pentair.

I'm really looking forward to the quiet operation. Some of the posts I've seen say that the pump is so quiet you hardly even know it's running.

bboehm... yeah I think I might have posted over there back when my pool was being built... I've got no complaints with the pump, it does what it's supposed to do. Keep in mind though this is my first pool so I don't have much to compare it to.

I think the Pentair is a good choice though... it's definately a more proven model than the newer Sta-Rite.

About noise, yes when it's in low-RPM circulation mode most of the day you can barely hear it... but since I have an in-floor system I bump the RPMs for a more powerful cleaning cycle twice a day and you can definately hear it then. It's by no means annoying, just not silent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.