hayward c3030

Aug 14, 2012
hi i have a hayward ecostar pump and hayward c3030 cartridge filter brand new, we just had our liner replaced, added 3 loads of water, when I run my filter at 1000 rpm the pressure gauge on my filter did not go up, is this normal? Also I have a cmp in line pool chlorinator, am I running the pool pump fast enough for it to work? I do not see the flow meter moving but i could hear water inside. Thank you.

Not surprising. Low speed (1800rpm) on my 2 speed barely gets my gauge to budge and barely seems to open the check valves.

While 1000 rpm might be an efficient speed to run, out may not be adequate for skimming and cleaning purposes.

I am not sure how effectively the chlorine canisters work on low speeds. Although we also generally do not recommend using them for fear of rising stabilizer levels.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

If you feel water returning to the pool, then it is passing through the filter and being filtered.

Do you have a skimmer? Sometimes the surface skimming does not work too well on low speeds.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.