cell power "ERROR" vs. no cell power

Jul 11, 2012
help. moved into a house with a pool 8 weeks ago, and don't know how to stop the money sink. First was getting frequent high volts/high salt/clorinator off alerts [level was 3600] , but after cleaning the cell and replacing 20% of the water, haven't seen that in 2 weeks.

Now I get the cell power ERROR. read everything here. took off the board, but the K1 relay joint looked fine. cleaned all the contacts and it worked for 6 hours before going off again. replaced the 20 amp fuse. this time it worked for 1 hours. re-soldered the K1 joint [even though it looked fine], and that worked for 4 hours.

Anyone have a clue what to do next? I really don't want to spend yet another $800 on a new board.

Ok, so after going to nocellpower.com and reading that post, I cleaned the male and female contacts of the cell plug [70% isopropyl alcohol] and used a dab of WD40. it appears to have worked [for 7 hours now], but NOW, the message is "chlorinator off, no flow"

checked the grey wire, it's plugged in, tight [even cleaned and reseated] it's fine. ALSO the heater is now going full blast, even though I have the heater on "manual off" in the aqua logic. does this mean the thermistor is bad?

I'm pretty handy, but this is very time consuming. should I just get a new board?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.