HTH 6 way test kit

frustratedpoolmom

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 20, 2007
Key West, FL
I purchased an HTH test kit today to hold me over and wanted to test the CYA. The instructions say to mix it in the little plastic bottle and then transfer to the "view tube" and look at the black dot. What is the view tube? I don't see a black dot. The kit came with the three "containers" the chlorine/ph test vial, the little plastic one for mixing the CYA and the clear plastic one for the TA and the CH tests. I can't figure out what the CYA view tube is. Stupid I know... sorry, please help?

In my HTH 6 way kit from Wal-Mart there are two bottles with white caps on the right. One of the them is the CYA testing solution the other is the mixing/squirt bottle. There are also two tubes in the middle of the back row. The narrow tube is the one with the black dot at the bottom that you squirt the mixed solution into to measure the CYA level.

New question on the 6-way....
The Calcium Hardness test says add 5 drops and water should turn "red" - my water turns pink. I added 46 drops to turn it purple-blue, which means my calcium (for my vinyl AG pool) is 460. But the pool stores last four tests ranged from 70 to 173. I have not added any calcium or Calc-Hypo to the pool since then. Can I assume that since the water turned pink and not "red" the 460 reading is not accurate?

Dave,

I was using the cheapy wal-mart HTH 6-way. It just says add 5 drops and the water should turn red, but it doesn't, it turns pink.

Twenty drops of r-0010 must be a different test. I was waiting to order the TF test kit as I will be going on vacation and don't want it sitting on my door step for unkown days.... will order when I return.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.