Intex 2650 GPH Sand Filter $166.94 at Amazon

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks a million for the heads up on this. I have an Intex 15'x42" and the 2650 may be a little overkill, but it was on my wish list at Amazon and I jumped on it. The big box arrived yesterday but I was busy today and didn't have a chance to set it up yet. Maybe tomorrow or Monday.

DigbyAllen said:
Thanks a million for the heads up on this. I have an Intex 15'x42" and the 2650 may be a little overkill, but it was on my wish list at Amazon and I jumped on it. The big box arrived yesterday but I was busy today and didn't have a chance to set it up yet. Maybe tomorrow or Monday.
....don't worry u will love it might even be able to surf now :lol:

I bought mine at the end of last season. We were away the last two weeks of August and I planned to take down the pool after Labor Day, so I left the sand filter in the shipping box and didn't set it up until this season. It's been up for over a month now and I'm very happy with it. The improvement in water clarity over the pump that came with the pool is amazing, and no more expensive paper filters to hassle with. I originally used the smaller integrated fittings that came on my Intex 15' but then followed the advice of others here and cut the pool liner to use the larger fittings. It is a little scary at first, but no big deal if you take your time and use a sharp blade. The result was another huge improvement in water flow and water clarity.

In late May the price on Amazon was actually below $160 and stayed there for a few weeks, but now has shot back up to $200 or more. They seem to discount it regularly so set a price watch and be ready to jump on it when it drops. Amazon also offers free shipping which helps with something this large.

i have the summer escapes f2000c filter, which is basically a skimmer setup that takes water from the top waterline of the pool... my pool doesn't have the intake that is attached to the pool halfway down in depth.. i've seen people just take out the impeller of the current pump and attach the sand filter to that.. has anyone here done this? i've also heard of people doing some cutting which scares me :p this isn't my pool so if i mess up i'm in trouble.. don't have the sand filter yet but i just want to prepare for what I will have to do.. I do have the ozone swg because it was on sale, but that just hooks up to the current hose no problems..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.