Okay so they tell me that the liner will be in for my vinyl liner pool this weekend and I will start filling it. I want to do it right so I ordered the test kit from duraleigh tonight. My pool is about a 30K gal vinyl lined pool with the DIG-60 Autopilot, 1.5 HP wisperflow and 700lb sand filter.
1. When do I add the salt for the pool? I assume I need to test first before b/c the water will have some salt naturally?
2. What do I set the SWG on once the Salt is in the pool.
3. Is the only chemical I need right now acid?
4. If I don't have a test kit when I get the pool full, how long do I have before things start getting ugly. 2 days? Should I add some liquid bleach to tide me over? It will be about 80 deg here over the next week or so.
5. What else should I do to start this thing right?
I know from reading it's a lot easier to keep a pool in check then try and fix it when it get's out of control. So I want to do it right from the start.