Cover options for partial Deck surround

roblectric

May 30, 2009
Tried a search but no results.
I replaced my old deck ,that butted up to the end of the pool, with a new deck that surrounds 80% of an above ground 18x 33 oval pool. With the old deck , I just stuffed the cover between the deck and the pool and ran the cable to secure the cover. This is not an option this year, beacause building codes required a different framing system for the deck that would make it impossible to repeat the old process. I am thinking about water bags for the deck top and weightshanging from the grommets for the rest of the pool that has no deck surround. I am hoping others with the same setup can tell me what has worked for their pool. Thanks for you're :wave: help.

roblectric said:
I replaced my old deck ,that butted up to the end of the pool, with a new deck that surrounds 80% of an above ground 18x 33 oval pool. With the old deck , I just stuffed the cover between the deck and the pool and ran the cable to secure the cover. This is not an option this year, beacause building codes required a different framing system for the deck that would make it impossible to repeat the old process. I am thinking about water bags for the deck top and weightshanging from the grommets for the rest of the pool that has no deck surround. I am hoping others with the same setup can tell me what has worked for their pool. Thanks for you're :wave: help.

I have a 18x33 pool with full deck and got this cover and loved it. They also can make it for partial decks
http://www.arcticbluecovers.com/product ... /236/ci/70

It covers like a safety cover but also has a screen built in to filter water through.

Bama Rambler said:
I assume you're asking about a winter cover. I use bleach jugs filled with pool water hung from the grommets. There is just enough room between the pool and deck to slip the cover between.

2X8 joists and a tight fit of the decking make this an impossible task.

Durf said:
roblectric said:

I have a 18x33 pool with full deck and got this cover and loved it. They also can make it for partial decks
http://www.arcticbluecovers.com/product ... /236/ci/70

It covers like a safety cover but also has a screen built in to filter water through.

I will look into this. I like the idea of no water to pump off. Thanks for the info.

My cover goes between my deck and pool. For your deck you would have to anchor it to the deck itself with eye bolts or regular safety cover pop up anchors like used on an inground pool. Pretty sure that would work. Maybe somebody else would have some ideas. Their website says can be used with full or partial deck.

pwrstrk said:
My cover goes between my deck and pool. For your deck you would have to anchor it to the deck itself with eye bolts or regular safety cover pop up anchors like used on an inground pool. Pretty sure that would work. Maybe somebody else would have some ideas. Their website says can be used with full or partial deck.

thanks - i swear owning an AGP is more work than I would have liked. I didn't get to use it this season, so perhaps next year my opinion will change.

i emailed that co. to see what they recco.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would use water bags on the area where the deck is at and then I would use the standard wire and winch and when you get to the deck area since you can't go underneath install heavy duty eye bolts into the deck to attach the wire to. I've tried that eliminator pool cover. It's okay, its expensive and not very good quality. Once the cover wore out it started to stretch out and no longer stayed tight like a drum. The problem with the eliminator pool cover (at least the one I got) is that it's clearly home made. It's just a standard 10 year above ground cover that has been cut down the center and re sewn with a strip of mesh material down the center. The way you hold the cover down is by using standard rubber bungie cords that get looped through conduit clamps. The only other thing they do is provide you with foam to protect cover from the support pillars (because it's just a regular AG cover not a looploc or something durable) and they also installed some more grommets on the cover as well. maybe other people have had better luck, but for how much the cover costs it didn't last long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.