Hayward Navigator goes and stops

dbinaz

Aug 11, 2012
We have a pebble-tec pool and just got a completely rebuilt navigator. I saw it working in the guys non pebble-tec pool. We try it in ours and it will go for a few minutes or so and then stop or go real slow. We even cleaned the cartridge filters. One thing of note is that the Bottom Collector Manifold is broken in a spot so unfiltered water is getting through, but not sure if this has anything to do with the cleaner.
The suction lever is in the correct spot. What else can I check? There are no obstructions visible.

edit: now it just doesn't go at all.

Thanks,
Derek

I'm not sure exactly which model you have (I have the Navigator Pro), but maybe the design's are similar (Mine used to stop / clog with the slightest bit of sand). I suggest you increase vacuum pressure (suction). You may have to restrict some from the skimmer and/or main drains to accomplish this. If you have the guage that came with it (measures vacuum), I've found that about 1/8" beyond maximum indicator line is perfect. Once the A-frame bearings loosen (break-in), you can lower the vacuum pressure slightly. Heres a thread with all my Navigator rantings and drama
http://www.troublefreepool.com/hayward-navigator-problems-solved-t54877.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.