Dead Mice - Any real impact?

Jun 29, 2012
So I just fished out the third dead mouse from the pool. I had just been down to the pool and so this guy was only in the water for a few hours. Is there any real impact on the balance for these little guys?

I have been chasing an algae problem and thought I was on the mend when this guy showed up.

My current readings are:

FC 11
CC <.5
CYA 70
CH 320 (ish)
PH 7.5
TA 120

My FC is high because I am coming off of a couple of days at shock level (28).

Did you pass the 3 tests tip so the shock process?

Regarding the mouse, would not hurt to bump back up to shock level again ... May not really be necessary though.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Good to know. Mine are still alive!
KreepyKrauly.jpg

My pool is on the edge of a hayfield and my seasonal dead mouse count averages around six. Unless I've been away and the corpse has bloated I never do anything. We've been at this in the same location since 1946 (before I was born.) I do check my skimmers daily if I'm not away.

Durk said:
My pool is on the edge of a hayfield and my seasonal dead mouse count averages around six. Unless I've been away and the corpse has bloated I never do anything. We've been at this in the same location since 1946 (before I was born.) I do check my skimmers daily if I'm not away.
Would love to see pics of your original pool!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

watermonster said:
because of my CYA shock level is kindof expensive to get to ( 28 fc ) so I am not expecting to go back up. that said I am still showing a little algae growth on the sides of the pool.
Sorry to read and point out this part of your comment. You might not be done shocking.
How about draining some of your water to get that CYA in better range?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.