Hayward Swimpure Plus

Aug 11, 2012
I need help help help! in my display sundenly the salt display is not showing anymore. how can i try to reset the unit ? i tried pushing diagnosis for 30 sec and no results, the salt display is not there...

please if u guys have some in mnd, please let me know im kind of desperate!!!

Welcome to tfp, guilleus :wave:

Is it still producing chlorine?

I am not familiar with that model swg, but no need to panic, I am sure someone who knows will be along soon. If it is not producing chlorine, or you not sure, then until you get it running, just use bleach/liquid chlorine to maintain your chlorine level. The FC level you need to maintain is slightly higher with bleach/liquid chlorine then it is when chlorine is being produced by your swg. Use poolcalculator.com to calculate how much you need. See: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/recommended_levels

The problem is this: the green solid are solid all of them, meaning that the swim pure plus, seems to be producing salt.
but the display is not showing the value at all....had dissapear the 2800 to 3800 value at all

The swimpure does not produce salt, it produces chlorine.

Are you sure yours is producing?

Check your FC level using a drop based test kit (not strips) to be sure your cell is maintaining your pool's FC properly. You will also need to know your cya level (again don't trust test strips) to know what FC level it should be maintaining. If some of what I mentioned here is new to you, take a look at this pool school article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/pool_water_chemistry

How does your water look?

The Hayward AquaRite/SwimPure has an inrush current limiter. It is a black disc on the circuit board. Sometimes they burn out. If you are comfortable with electronics, you can check the circuit board to see if the disc is fried. It can be replaced, if it's bad, and if you know how to solder.

Note: Don't do any electrical work that you are not comfortable doing. You might be able to find an electronics repair shop/person who would be willing to do the repair if you're not comfortable doing it.

What I m wondering is nobody else has had the same problem: I mean the Salt reading has dissapear out of the display, you have all of the other readings, but salt.

isn t that weird? i tried each thing shown here, press diag for 20 sec or more, put filter in backwash and a lot of other things. Tried to clean the diag button, but works perfect otherwise would not change diagnosis among the others (like alk-and the other). but salt.....has dissapear..... i have solid green where shows that it s producing chlorine, but nothing else happen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.