Questions on getting this pool ready to go

1. Water all in, I have shocked it tonight again. I have yellow looking stains all on the bottom. How do I get these out and with what? The pool is a white fiberglass.

I did a test tonight and the PH was fine but had no clorine. So I shocked it. I forgot all about getting tablets to get in pool so I will get those tomorrow to keep the clorine level up.

Now..what is the acid for? What is the purpose in the acid?

Now on the stabilizer...Do I add that right after shocking or best to add the next day? And do I just throw it around in the pool or pour into skimmer?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Summersgal,

Could you post a full set of numbers?

Muriatic acid is used to lower pH.

Stains? Did you have your fill water tested for metals?

I suggest that you include 'fiberglass' or FG for pool type in your signature.

Yellow stains..

After looking and working on the stains even more..Hubby scrubbed on them last night while I had gone to get something to eat. Then I went out this am and tried it again..NO LUCK! IT almost looks slike part of them are from the hand vac that I have been using that was new. Kind of looks like the tire tracks are part of it. Still looking for any suggestions on these yellow looking stains.

Thanks
Summersgal

The best investment you can make in your pool is a good test kit. I recommend the TF 100, link in my sig. It comes with on-line assistance from Dave!

In the meantime, take a pool water sample and fill water sample to the pool store and get a full set of numbers. Post back here for the gurus to help you. (You may have metals in your fill water that fall out after shocking and cause staining)

What are you scrubbing the stains with?

Avoid purchasing anything from the pool store for now :wink:

Also, if you could post some pics, that would be helpful. Try www.PhotoBucket.com

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.