Alternative to the needle or ball valve for the liquidator

stev32k

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
Just thought I would pass this information along. I installed one of these pinch valves http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=29062 yesterday in place of a ball valve. So far it looks to be as good as a needle valve for a heck of a lot less money. The 3/8" size is less than $10. Since it slips over the tube there are no connections to leak. I get as good of control over the flow as I did with $50 needle valve that started leaking.

Re: Alternative to the needle or ball valve for the liquidat

Nice find!
And it won't clog - I wonder if the tube will; however I'd guess that after you open it up and move it around the clog would be released.

After three days it just sets there and does what it should. I've run it up and down numerous times from shut off to full open and there were no surprises. I guess it's possible to get a clog like any other valve, but in this case you could see it and tubing is cheap and easy to replace if it came to that. Here's a couple of shots of the set-up.
[attachment=0:2z7rsx0s]pinch valve close.jpg[/attachment:2z7rsx0s][attachment=1:2z7rsx0s]lq pinch valve.jpg[/attachment:2z7rsx0s]

Attachments

• lq pinch valve.jpg
    lq pinch valve.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 156
  • pinch valve close.jpg
    pinch valve close.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 154

stev32k,
You might want to try to lower the flow meter below the top of the LQ. I lowered mine and it seemed to stop air bubbles from getting above the ball on the left side of the flow meter. In turn, it should help regulate your flow better without air bubbles.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.