Plumbing questions

Aug 9, 2012
I'm getting a Hayward Inwall skimmer. I already upgraded to the 2500gph pump (633T) and cut the liner to allow for the bigger hoses. The Intex skimmed is annoying and it has to go. I used my old pump (637R) to add a small inexpensive water feature to the pool for the kids. I currently have a PVC tube next to the skimmer drawing water Here's my question. I'm thinking of running a T off the Hayward skimmer both with ball valves to allow for the water feature to run. I'm also planning on keeping the current feed line in use to improve circulation. Any suggestions?
I haven't done any hard plumbing yet, but it's probably in my near future. I'm attaching pics for review and suggestions. [attachment=2:19gh0dkp]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344694468.741289.jpg[/attachment:19gh0dkp][attachment=1:19gh0dkp]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344694522.949729.jpg[/attachment:19gh0dkp][attachment=0:19gh0dkp]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344694552.657979.jpg[/attachment:19gh0dkp]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344694468.741289.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344694468.741289.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 332
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344694522.949729.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344694522.949729.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 323
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344694552.657979.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344694552.657979.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 321
mscott327 said:
Here's my question. I'm thinking of running a T off the Hayward skimmer both with ball valves to allow for the water feature to run. I'm also planning on keeping the current feed line in use to improve circulation.

Are you wanting the pump that supplies the water fountain to draw from both the Hayward skimmer and the existing "PVC tube?"

If so, I say go for it. You have the right idea putting a ball valve on each of the upstream sides of the T, so that you can control the suction for the skimmer and the "PVC tube" individually.

Yes! I want the Hayward Skimmer to supply my main pump to clean the surface debris and it will also supply the little fountain which is run by my smaller pump. I'm also keeping my original feed line for added circulation. The Skimmer will connect the pump along with the feed line. The Skimmer feed line will also branch off to feed my smaller pump driving my fountain.

yes it will work just fine, but if it was me i would just use the 2500 gph pump and have 2 returns and your fountain, but you would only use 1 return (alternate them) i have a hayward 2400 gph pump and it works perfect on mine as decribed above plus you would save on electricity, below is a few picks of mine and a small video.....Mike
pool3.jpg

pool1.jpg

mscott327 said:
I'm getting a Hayward Inwall skimmer. I already upgraded to the 2500gph pump (633T) and cut the liner to allow for the bigger hoses. The Intex skimmed is annoying and it has to go. I used my old pump (637R) to add a small inexpensive water feature to the pool for the kids. I currently have a PVC tube next to the skimmer drawing water Here's my question. I'm thinking of running a T off the Hayward skimmer both with ball valves to allow for the water feature to run. I'm also planning on keeping the current feed line in use to improve circulation. Any suggestions?

fast1971chevelle said:
yes it will work just fine, but if it was me i would just use the 2500 gph pump and have 2 returns and your fountain, but you would only use 1 return (alternate them) i have a hayward 2400 gph pump and it works perfect on mine as decribed above plus you would save on electricity, below is a few picks of mine and a small video.....Mike

mscott327 said:
I don't want to use the 2500, I have it on a timer to run throughout the day. I like your plumbing.

? I'm not sure I follow this but I think what you are saying is that you want the water feature to be on a separate pump to allow you to run this without tinkering with the 2500's timer. You also like the plumbing setup that Mike used. Did I get that right?

YES! :goodjob:
I have my 2500on a timer to run 4 hours from 6-10am while my SWG is running, I also have the pump come on from 5-7pm to circulate the water and remove the grass and debris that my kids bring in from going in and out of the pool and then I have the pump running from 12pm to 2am to circulate the water or run wanda the whale.

I'm still lost about the PVC fittings that I need to make when I convert from the plungers. I'm also expecting delivery from Amazon for my Hayward sp1091 skimmer. I'm waiting for the skimmer before I do any of the pvc plumbing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.