Goldline Pro Logic - Cuts on and off

Aug 11, 2012
topics merged. Please don't double post.Bama

I have a Goldline Pro Logic that has been installed for 3.5 years. I recently had the no cell power message and had to re-solder the back of the motherboard 4 months ago. Ever since it has worked fine. Just last night the system started cutting on and off for no reason. It would go five minutes on, blower and all then cut off, then back on. I had to shut off the breaker to get it to stop.

I pulled the mother board back out and the back looks okay. Not sure what would cause this. Seems like a short somewhere. Any help would be great!

Goldline Pro Logic cuts on and off unexpectedly

My pool is 3.5 years old and I have a Goldline Pro Logic that operates a pump, gas heater, heat pump, blower and 2 lights. Four months ago I had the no cell power message and had to re-solder the motherboard to fix it. Since then things have worked great.

Last night I came home to find my pool equipment cutting on and off in random time intervals. The pump and blower would kick on even though the filter button was off. I had to turn the circuit breakers off to get this to stop. After a few minutes I turned the breakers on and pressed filter. MIT seemed to work then 15 minutes later the blower came on and I was not able to cut off the filter using the control pad. Again I had to cut the circuit breaker. I removed the motherboard to review the back for burnt spots and did not see any. I am no where near an electrician and am clueless.

Any help would be great!

Thanks Chad

After 7 years mine started doing the same thing. Connecting my multimeter to the main transformer inside of the box seemed to indicate it might be the culprit. Given the age of the unit and the fact I had already soldered the motherboard for the no cel power issue I went ahead and replace the whole unit. It took about 4 hours to install the next panel. Heven't had any issues since. You tube has some good videos on how to check the transformer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.