Cement slab

MK1985

Jul 9, 2011
Webster,Wi
This was the second year for our pool and it has been great because of the help from this site. When we installed it we put down some sand and put the pool on the sand but over the 2 seasons it has developed humps and holes in the bottom. This fall we plan to take the pool down and put in a cement slab to put the pool on. My ? is if anyone has done this with an Intex pool did you put anything down on top before putting the pool on it. Do we need something for a cushion or protection for the liner or is putting it right on the cement ok.

I put 1.5" foam down between the cement and the pool. It feels great! But, I do have to store it in the off-season because I do take the pool down each fall.

I have a friend who just put a tarp between the cement and his Intex. They are happy enough with it. I keep wanting to get over there to try it and see what I think, but that has not happened yet. I'll post back with thoughts if I make it over there.

Wife and I ran out on July 4th and bought a pool and stuck it in our back patio (24' x 32'). The pool rests on the concrete slab with the standard pool "ground sheet" in between. No problems at all. Make sure the slab is clean and free of pebbles and rough bits (I used an angle grinder to grind those flat) so that any damage to pool liner would be minimized.

Other than that, it's been great in the 110+++ degree heat.

P.S. We did start out with a Summer Escapes Easy Set pools at first but we exchanged it for the Intex standard frame pool because the easy set pool was really unstable.

I have read here that carpet can result in a pretty nasty smell when I it gets wet and starts to rot ... Just as head up.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.