No power

GE

Aug 11, 2012
I have a new (3 weeks old) Aquarite chlorine generator (T cell 9). This morning I noticed the pool looked slightly cloudy. Figuring all the rain lately had something to do with it I thought I would switch it to Superchlorinate and shock the pool. When I opened the cover, there were no lights on. I checked the ground fault circuit and tripped and reset it to be sure. Still no power light on the unit.I can feel some heat from the transformer, so I know it is getting power, but nothing elase shows signs of life. I have read the posts about tghe curent delimiters going bad. Obviously, with a new unit, it looks brand new, not burnt or cracked. Could it still be this item? Any other suggestions? (By the way, it is powered by a circuit we thought swithed on and off with the pool filter. Found out that it has been powered up the whole time. I am correcting that this morning.) Any help would be appreciated.

Please define "shock" for us ... likely the use of any powder chlorine is a bad idea (although that is an assumption as you have not posted any test results).

How did you determine the amount to add? What is your stabilizer level, which determines your FC shock level?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.