Is this snake oil.

Just-a-PB

In The Industry
Mar 24, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi all,
One of my clients wants me to install a "eco-ion" system on their pool.
Reading through the website "http://eco-ion.com"
Here is just a taste:
"Eco-Ion is a healthy freshwater swimming pool management system that maintains perfect pH while eliminating algae, bacteria, mold and other potentially harmful microorganisms without the use of chlorine, salt or any other harsh chemicals. Eco-Ion doesn't add to the hardness of water and virtually eliminates chemical deposits on your pool's surfaces and equipment.

The fully automated Eco-Ion System creates a cleansing ion attached to an acid-ion that when dispensed into your pool via a stream of bubbles – kills microorganism upon contact. The ions then disperse – leaving nothing behind but pure – fresh – water. "

Looks magic to me, can I get a few other profesionals to weigh in on this, or if anyone has any experiance with it.

I THINK that this uses hydrochloric acid and electrolysis to create a chlorine gas. A chlorine generating station without bulk salt. So you're still using chlorine and muriatic acid. I could be wrong on this but I have read something similar before and that's what it turned out to be.

GreatCanadian said:
I THINK that this uses hydrochloric acid and electrolysis to create a chlorine gas. A chlorine generating station without bulk salt. So you're still using chlorine and muriatic acid. I could be wrong on this but I have read something similar before and that's what it turned out to be.

Interesting ... wonder why they do not mention the chlorine gas ... maybe because people would FREAK OUT :shock:

jblizzle said:
GreatCanadian said:

Interesting ... wonder why they do not mention the chlorine gas ... maybe because people would FREAK OUT :shock:
Exactly. They try to tell you you aren't adding chlorine to your pool. I guess technically you're not. You add the acid to the tank, not the pool. And I guess YOU aren't adding chlorine to the pool, the machine is. Another money grab.

Richard320 said:
Considering they uploaded the template without putting any information in there makes it look amateurish at best. There's absolutely nothing indicating that they are approved by NSF.

alternative-sanitizers-and-chemical-free-pools-the-truth-t3025.html

Anyone can have a wordpress blog. It takes all of 45 seconds to install. Using it for commercial purposes takes development money, and or skills, obviously neither is part of their plan if this site has been up like this for a year.

Maybe they'll blog about studies and journals and scientific facts someday?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.