For the very first time this season, I just.....

JohnT

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Apr 4, 2007
SW Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
....put the solar blanket on my pool. Until today I've easily maintained upper 80s and had to cool it to keep it below 92, but the high today is in the 70's and cloudy with lows in the 50s tonight.

The cover was still in the basement, so I still have to mount it on the reel just a few weeks before the season ends.

Quite a change, and it may be almost two weeks before we have typical swimming weather again. Weird year.

I am in Ohio and thru out my solar cover at the end of last season because it died..
I was looking the the weather reports the other day and decided to order a new one because of our crazy weather.
I sure hope Fall doesnt come fast this year...

I just pulled ours out of the garage today, too! Unfortunately, it must not have been completely dry last year when it got put away. It was still damp in the folded up middle and phhheeeeeweeee, does it smell! :shock: It's currently draped over the deck to get sprayed down with a weak bleach solution and then air and dry out before I put it in my sparkly pool! :wink:

It has been another strange summer in So Cal also, third year in a row. I'm near the beach and we have been in the 70's all summer long until this last week when we finally broke into the 90's. This was the first time we turned on the AC this year. With solar heating, I've maintained the pool temp around 85 in the morning and 90 degrees by evening all summer long without a cover. Last year we took the cover out of storage around the end of September and swam until mid November in comfortable water. The weather is one perk of So Cal, other than that I'm not too sure.

ping said:
The weather is one perk of So Cal, other than that I'm not too sure.

Lack of bugs is the best thing about your area. I can handle the weather here, but the flys and mosquitoes are another story.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.