Help! Need an Idea here!

Hpdrifter

LifeTime Supporter
Well, I could really use some help here on an idea. Last year when I had my pool built, I asked for a "stub up" line to be installed. I didn't have a diving board so I was thinking about a slide in the future. The pool builder put a 1 1/2 inch line for the stub up. He enclosed it and put a standard 10 inch cover over it, so it looks just like one of my filter/drain plates. I've decided not to do a sliding board so now I'm trying to think what I can do with this line. The obvious choice would be a rock water fall but I already have a raised wall with 2 waterfalls. I've seen water jets that shoot the water back into the pool. That might be nice. Below are two pictures. One shows the close up of the drain cover and the other is a more distant shot giving you a better look at the layout. You can see the 2 waterfalls on the left side. The cover plate is 58 inches from the edge of the pool. BTW don't mind the green water, I just "opened" it today!
cover.jpg

distance.jpg

HP,

That's a really nice pool!

Sometimes, it takes more than a year for a good idea to manifest itself. I wouldn't be in a real rush....just sorta live with it this summer....ask your guests....somthing just right will come up.

BTW, My fingers we're flying to the keyboard to tell you "You have algae!" 'til I read your full post.......(insert sheepish grin here) :lol:

Nice pool! I would suggest either putting in a deck jet or a sculpture of some sort that sprays water back into the pool. I've seen a few tikis that were modified to "spit" water into the pool, I always liked that! Your pool doesn't have a tiki theme, but perhaps you could do the same thing with some other kind of sculpture. A fish or something.

Thanks guys for the complements! I think I will just see what happens this season. I do like the idea of a sculpture to put a jet in and shoot the water back in . As for the algea! Wow what a difference a day makes! water looks clear and I have a layer of gunk on the bottom that I'm going to clean out when it stops raining here! :-D :-D

HP, I've seen a kind of water features in some water theme park (but unfortunately I do not have any photos to show you). It's a bucket or drum on top of a structure and water is filling it up via a chute. But once the drum is full, it tip over with a big splash. Would be a hit with kids.......

Vincent

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.