CC Level seems to be "stuck" at 0.5

hi all
ok...wouldnt you know it rained about an inch last night...messing my entire process off!
this morning i was at 13.0 with 0.5cc
whats funny is i went to pool chemical place to get another 2.5g of chlorine and had them test.
they said my TC was 4.5 and my FC was 1.5
i retested and got essentially my orignial #

i'm assuming our TF100 kits are just much better than what they use, but thought i'd throw the question out there as to why this could be? just sooo far off!

thanks!!

Pump running, rain has little affect on pool water chemistry.

Read more on the forum and you will read countless stories of horrific pool store testing. Many use strips which are virtually worthless and, of those that use a good, drops based test, many do not know how to perform the tests correctly or do so carelessly and get unacceptable results. Trust your own testing.....always.

thanks Dave.
imagine how screwed up most peoples pools probably are relying upon pool store testing.

makes me want to bring my own kit when we go to friend pools to test and determine if it is safe to go in:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.