Suggestions on wiring Jandy products

Bigsteveg

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2012
Detroit, Mi
So, I began the process of putting my equipment in, kinda. I started reading and putting products in, filter and pump are in but I'm stumped at the SWCG. I called the pool store and they gave me a bunch of Crud on how I'm over doing it. I asked them to confirm with Jandy and they said they would not talk with me because I was not a license electrician.

Basically, the pool company is saying that I only need a flow sensor to power on the SWCG, it doesn't need a signal like the manual states. The manual states the flow sensor is a backup or secondary device. Then they told me I could wire up against the 485 wire from the pump controller. From the best that I can tell, these two products are not compatible and I need to change stuff around. Anyone install these devices and have them working together?

A lot of swg's are wired relying on the flow sensor to shut them down, but that doesn't make it right. I never liked relying on those flow switches to stop the swg from generating.

If you're using Jandy automation it will stop power to the swg when the pump isn't running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.