Lulupalooza's Pool Build

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
Well, FINALLY they are sorta done with the pool. Something that was suppose to take 2 days has ended up taking over a week and they still have to come back and work out the wrinkles before I can fill it all the way, get the chems added and run the pump. Needless to say I haven't been to pleased. But since I am out no money yet and I am going to withhold it until I am 100% satisfied. Not to mention they mucked up my grass in front yard. Where they had no business being! Anyway, I threw together a little video of the pool build. (eeehhh headache) :roll:

Also, someone tell me if this is justified or not. We took out a loan to get this pool. The original pool was a 24' but my DH saw the 27' and it was a $300 price difference which we would pay out of pocket. So we went with the 27'

Now this is what they did to my front lawn. The 2 dufus's that came, one asked if he could leave the bob cat that night. I said sure. I figured either on the side of the house or on the trailor in the street. NOOOOOO he drove the thing on my front lawn and placed the head of it on top of the trailor- I guess so no one would steal the trailor. Anyway, DH was LIVID when he awoke the next morning and saw it!

This is the damage the day after and then one as of today 8 days later(today)! I was thinking of not paying the 300 difference because of this damage. Is this justifiable??? The other is in a check from the lender payable to me, dh and the pb.

Needless to say the grass is pretty much dead and since its centipede and we have that sugar sand. It will take it a while to grow back in. I plan on plugging what I can from what was dug up in the back. But since its massive piles stacked on top of each other. Not sure what will be salvagable.

LAST WEEK
IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

TODAY
IMG_1283.jpg

lulu...

lookin good...

on the grass stuff, and the time stuff.... RELAX.

construction isn't perfect, nor predictable.

my lil pool was projected at 6-9 weeks, and took 20, not to mention the b.s. to boot.

just fix it, and enjoy.

don't pet the sweaty stuff... it'll eat you up!!

Quote: "I was thinking of not paying the 300 difference because of this damage. Is this justifiable???"

Probably not, if you read through your contract there is likely a blurb in there that says they're not responsible for slight lawn damage. Just give them a call and gripe about it, they will no doubt come out and spread some sand to fill in the ruts at no charge.

If you want to see some serious lawn damage, check out the pic below. We have a one acre lot and we had ruts like this going all the way from the street to the pool and ALL OVER the back yard! The ruts were 18" deep in places (I measured). They drove over the planter near the street and after it was all said and done I had to dig down 12" to find the stones!! Man was I hacked about all this, we keep an immaculate lawn. The PB came out 4 separate times to work on the yard repairs and finally got it to a level I found acceptable. The grass hasn't filled the "scars" yet, but hopefully it will be the end of this year.

Attachments

• P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 222
HOLY MOLY Tres! :shock: talk about jaw dropping :lol: They messed up my backyard, but hey I expected that and can deal with the tracks/ruts back there. I guess my gripe is because they did not even have to touch my front lawn at all. Dude purposely drove it there to keep someone from taking the trailer from off the street. Which if I would have known this, then I would have told him to take the thing with them.

As far as contract goes. Nope nothing in it at all that says that. In fact I checked with our friends who had a pool installed on Tuesday, etc. and they were suppose to come back to her house yesterday and finish up as well. They told me and her the EXACT same thing.

Mine was a little different because the first 2 that came TOTALLY messed the pool up,(they ended up getting fired) It wasn't even round- 27 on one side and 28 on the other :shock: as well as 4 inches off. Wasn't level. The cove on the inside was so shot out and the sand was all lumpy. So a new crew came in, completely tore it down, added more sand. And I can tell the difference now in the pool being "round" Supervisor said he didn't want to scare me, but I didn't have a "round" pool the first time.

I guess what I can't stand is to be blantanly lied to and they know they are lying to me. Oh well, chalk it up as a good lesson learned. There are not to many p/b here that build AGP's. 3 to be exact, TONS of IG p/b's. I am going to get 3 estimates for the lawn repair in the front and see what they say or if they want to repair it themselves. I might be a hard arese on this, but I guess that just is the perfectionist in me and I tend to look at things the way I would do them. (I swear I am not a drama queen, :lol: )And being in the real estate business and all I know how important honesty and good work ethics are. KWIM? But heck at this point I want it all done and over with and at where I don't care anymore.

And guess what else? It rained like heck last night. At least all that sand is matted down. It actually looks better now! Till my kids get back there. Oh yeah and the number one yard destroyer, our dog!

Lulu your pool looks great! I personally wouldn't sweat the front lawn. The fact that they messed the install up the first time is scary! Good thing you got it fixed. My AGP build should've taken "3 days", ended up taking 3 weeks, and I've got way worse track marks on both sides of my front lawn. These things happen - lawns are easy to fix. I'm just happy to be done with builders, electricians, inspectors, etc - lol! Time to float. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.