just completed hard plumbing intex AGP 24x52

Jul 19, 2012
i need some answers with my pool setup it seems to run good?

this is a list of my equipment,
#1 Hayward power flo xl 1 1/2hp pump
#2 Hayward sand filter s220t
#3 SWG intex with copper Ionization
#4 threw wall skimmer
to hard plumb the pool i used 1 1/2 sch40 PVC. also installed 2 ports for the feed to the pump and one return to the pool and installed a water feature for the kids that does not have water from the SWG only from the filter side.

i live in Southern California am i asking to much of my system

Also my local pool store told me to lower my PH with muriatic acid and before i do that YES my PH is to high and i also wanted to know about adding DE to my sand filter to improve the clearness of the pool i just don't know how much to add to be safe and nod damage anything. can anyone help me i want to make my last trip to the pool store 2marrow Because i am having a party for my family and i know they want to go swimming and the Temperature is suppose to be 115 this weekend. so can someone give me the best answers to help me

You add just enough DE to see 1 pt rise in pressure on the filter gauge. One or two cups is usually enough. If you use too much it won't hurt anything, your filter will just act like it is dirty and needs to be backwashed. The DE washes out with the dirt when you backwash the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.