Greetings!

lee872

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 9, 2012
Central Massachusetts
Hi All,

I found this forum a couple of months of ago when I was having persistent troubles with a cloudy pool. What a boon it has been. I'm not ready to make the leap to BBB, but I am feeling pretty good about all I have learned about balancing chemicals.

I've had 3 different pools over the last 22 years -- 2 vinyl liner ingrounds in Massachusetts and 1 cement in Florida. When people say to me "oh, a pool is such a lot of work" I snicker inside and respond "oh no, it's easier than vacuuming the family room". The snicker is because the comment is invariably from someone who is not a pool owner. But this year -- jeez it has been a lot of work, and $$$$! I got it under control a couple of weeks ago, thanks to the advice here. Today, I am doing the AA treatment for metal stains. Wish me luck!

Thanks to everyone who post on this board to help us all out!

Lee

Hi, welcome to TFP! The key to a trouble free pool is not using one set of chemicals over another, but knowing exactly what those chemicals can do and how to test and treat the pool accordingly. Most of us prefer liquid chlorine or SWGs, but you can manage a pool with pool store chemicals if you know how those chemicals will effect the pool and how to correct the balance if things get out of hand. Sounds like you have learned that part of having a trouble free pool!