OH MY! Where did my water go?? LOL

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I am washing dishes and looking out the window at my pool. I had drained some water out this morning before heading out to work as I knew we would be getting some rain today. I KNEW I had closed the valve but................

As I looked out the window I could see the bottom of the skimmer! OH NO! Where is my water? Did it all drain out? I ran out and took a close up look. Oh silly me! I have a BBB/Trouble Free Pool! It was SO clear and smooth it looked like there was no water! It was all there where it should be!

THANKS! :party: :whoot:

Kim

:goodjob:

I have had that happen to me twice:
1. The hayward filter cracked and drained the pool :shock:
2. The backwash valve stuck and half drained the pool :hammer:

Slightly different emotions in my cases ;)

It was quite bizarre ... less than 5 years old, less than half the day in the sun, as I recall pressure was less than 30psi (high due to solar and floor popups). Hayward sent me new housing (both top and bottom) with no hassle.

Not exactly sure how we did not notice the water in the back yard until after the pool was empty :shock:

jblizzle said:
It was quite bizarre ... less than 5 years old, less than half the day in the sun, as I recall pressure was less than 30psi (high due to solar and floor popups). Hayward sent me new housing (both top and bottom) with no hassle.

Not exactly sure how we did not notice the water in the back yard until after the pool was empty :shock:

Glad they took care of replacing the parts, but who would be responsible for a floated shell in that situation? I wonder if Hayward or Pentair would step up if it was determined that their part failed, or if lawyers would need to be involved? Thanks Jason, with all the rain we've been getting down here in central FL, now I won't be able to sleep tonight... :p

Jose

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.