DFW Texas (Midlothian)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
It was never noticed before because before the mastic was put down the water was running between the spa and the deck.

My PB was notified last night and the plumbers are already here pressure checking the spa. I can't help but sit here freaking out hoping they don't have to start busting rock or gunite to fix this. :(

Someone please tell me this is common sometimes and it could be something minor like the light niche seal or something.

Attachments

• DSC05542.JPG
    DSC05542.JPG
    359 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC05544.JPG
    DSC05544.JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 267
I hope you get some answers Karmann.. I have to tell you, my landscaper came by yesterday and was looking over my pool. He flat out told me not to panic if my grotto or spa leaked. I was like "WHAT???" He said sometimes it happens.. He said I could possibly see a wet spot on the deck or coming between the rocks on the grotto. Might be a really simple fix. Gosh, I hope so. Water is such a sneaky dang thing. Speaking of..... here comes the rain.

Keep us posted!

I've been following your build thread, and there seems little doubt that your builder is first class. I would feel very confident that he'll sort it out.

For what it's worth, nicer pools (like yours) always have some birthing issues. Solving and fixing those issues is what makes a builders reputation, and distinguishes a superior builder from the rest of the pack. :cheers:

thanks everyone, i do feel better now and the PB was really assuming worst case 1st by having a pressure test done on my spa.

Good news is the pressure test on my spa came out fine and the water leaching is either from the plaster around the returns/light, or the tile grout lines.

I noticed when they built my spillway they put down a white waterproof coating before installing the rock but the tiles were set with something different and grouted with what really looked like regular stone mortar.

My PB just left a few min ago and we had a long talk about this and he said he's really not worried now that he knows the plumbing is fine. His next step is to have the plaster crew out here tomorrow to check around the returns and light for safe measure but he feels the leak is at the grout line in the tile.

This leak would then be fixed by draining my spa down below the tile and applying a sealant product around the tile line and grout areas.

My fingers still crossed this is an easy fix but I'll keep everyone posted.

imrodee, i'm not sure i agree with your landscaper either... if you think about it, the spa has a water proof plaster barrier and the plumbing running between the stone for water features, returns, air jets etc... should not allow water to come from behind the stone if it isn't leaking.

Maybe someone who has owned a pool and spa longer than 1 week like me can chime in and set me straight if my thinking is off.

Yeah.. I think if they did they pressure test and it came out ok.. it almost HAS to be the sealant. I don't know how many pools the landscaper has built.. :roll:

I agree with Qwaxalot 100%. I don't think you have a thing to worry about. Good for your builder getting right on top of it!!

over a week and still no spa leak... on another note we noticed a pretty big chunk of plaster about the size of a dime and almost a half inch thick had come loose near one of the drains on the floor.

i thought it was normal until speaking with my pool guy who told my pb and the plaster crew was out here diving this morning to repair it. The PB told me if i notice anything like that again to please let him know because there shouldn't be anything more than loose pebbles coming from the plaster. It felt really good to see them take so much pride in my build even though I have paid them the final check over 3 weeks ago.

I switch to salt to salt this week and that is the last item of this pool project to be completed.

geez i feel like i built a house with all the details and scheduling etc... thanks everyone for their help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.