New pool, open for 3 weeks, my numbers...

Jun 19, 2012
Katy, TX
pH: 7.8
FC: 1.0
CC: 0.0
TA: 90
CH: 100
CYA: 25-30

Thanks to this great site, I did a lot of reading before our pool was finished. We've been up for three weeks and the pool has officially been turned over to us and I'm trying to get the numbers inline. Water is crystal clear.

Obviously CH is quite low so I will be bringing that up to around 250. CYA is low and want to bring it up to around 50.

The SWG is still off, getting the standard cell issues with the controller, luckily Hayward is coming out to fix it. I've been adding bleach on a daily basis to replace the chlorine lost to the sun.

Should I add any other additives, like a "metal out" or similar?

Thanks!

I agree with Dave. The most important thing is to get the FC level up and keep it above 3ppm (4ppm if you raise the CYA to 50ppm) using bleach until the SWG is able to take over.

Since the pool is new, adding CH and keeping a close eye on the pH is going to be important as the plaster cures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.