Intellichlor retrofit to EasyTouch

cobra46

LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2007
Rocklin, Ca
I am having my pool builder install the EasyTouch 8 or EasyTouch 8P. I'm 100% sure which model they intend to install but I don't think it makes a difference for my question.

I will be buying the Intellichlor IC40 system myself and have the PB's plumber install it. Buying myself is saving quite a bit of money. I'm not sure if I need to buy the power center with the cell or just the cell. The EasyTouch manual would lead me to believe that the power center is installed on all the EasyTouch models.

Can anyone confirm whether the EasyTouch models 520703 or 520540 have the power center preinstalled or not?

Also, where is the least expensive place to buy the IC40 SWG?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

I'm not sure of any details of the 2 models you listed, but I know that not all easytouch systems have the intellichlor power unit installed. I had originally given my PB the exact part number I wanted that had the internal power cell. They did not order that unit and so next to my easytouch panel I also have another panel for the intellichlor power unit. This is then wired into the main easytouch panel for communication. This bugged me since it would have been nice to have it all in one panel but since my equipment is behind a wall and isn't visible I didn't throw a fit.

Yes having the separate power unit mounted near the easy touch also bothers me a bit but I guess I'm willing to live with it for a savings of $700.

Did you look into relocating all the guts of the separate power unit into the Easy touch panel? I would guess the components are the same regardless of which box they are mount in.

No, I didn't look into that too closely... I know the seperate box itself is much bigger than the space in the easytouch panel where the power unit would go... I've never looked in the intellitouch box though to see exactly how large those guts are.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.