Leak in new pool.... twice. Help needed

Aug 7, 2012
HELP! We are currently on our 2nd, 18ft 48inch round above ground Intex pool. Set up the first one on Saturday. Put 2 ft of water in, and discovered 2 leaks on Sunday morning. Drained and dried and returned to WalMart for a full refund Monday. Purchased a 2nd one (same model). Set it up yesterday (husband took the day off work to do this) and filled it to 1 1/2 ft last night, and let it sit overnight. UGH. This am, found a small puddle. Dried the puddle area, hoping that perhaps in the "stretching process" the seams would seal. Just went back out and the puddle is back. Now what? Can seams be sealed (if we can find the hole) while there is water in the pool? 2 pools in 3 days does not look good on the quality chart for Intex. Is this normal? Any suggestions?

Are you sure that it is a defective pool or something sharp under the pool. Small rocks can puncture the pool. If you can determine the approximate area of the leak then you should be able to see it. It will look like a small dirt spot. I could see my leak from the top of the pool with the pool filled with water.
I guy that I work with had trouble finding his leak. His son used duct tape to cover every suspected leak until the leak stopped. He then removed the duct tape and patched it with a patch kit. He had a larger leak than mine and could tell right away when it was covered with the duct tape.

We currently have 2 tarps (thick) under the pool. Ground was cleared of all sharp objects (small rocks). Leaks appear to be in the seams. Interestingly enough- same locations as 1st leaks on pool #1. So, you can patch seam leaks when there is water in the pool?

If you are sure that it is the seam, you might want to return the pool again. A patch kit has under water glue. You could try to repair the seam by smushing some glue into the seam and holding it down. Your pool is not full so it might be easier to empty the pool and then glue the seam. I have heard of people putting their empty pool on chairs, a chair under every ther leg , and looking for sunshine under thepoolto spot leaks.

Just called INTEX customer service. Rep said that seam leaks can't really be repaired (in her opinion). They'll send me a new liner, but they won't have any until mid-Aug (and maybe not then). She spoke broken English, so it was kind of tough to have a conversation. I was given another number to customer's service at INTEX but ended up at the same place talking to another person with "partial" English. So incredibly frustrating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.