removing dust from pool

I recently had a large amount of stone work done on the house. Also I had a pretty bad oak pollen season. All the stone work is done and the pollen is no longer dropping. All the leaves and pollen are out of the pool and the water is clear for the most part and all levels are good. However there is dust on the bottom of the pool from all the stone work, which makes it look nasty!!!
The polaris won't pick it up, since it is just dust. It just makes a nice cloud of dust everywhere it tries to clean. I also tried using the vaccum thingy that attaches to the water hose and that works really well to get all the leaves and pollen out but again, not the dust, since you can't really catch dust in a net.

Any help and advice is appreciated. Trying to get my pool ready for the summer.

Thanks!

A standard pool vacuum moved very slowly is he best answer. If you don't have one, do whatever it takes to stir up the dust. Brushing the pool and running the cleaner will both help stir it up so the filter can get it.

I had the same sort of situation after a very dusty storm blew through. All of the west Texas dust settled on the bottom. I tried the little rolling vacuum attachment and it worked okay but what worked even better was the brush head type vacuum attachment that is designed for vinyl lined pools. It really did a good job of getting all that dust off the bottom. You just have to go VERY slowly so as not to agitate the water too much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.