dumb heatpump question

biagio

Jun 17, 2012
OK I have to at least ask..I am putting up a 15x30 54"deep above ground pool in upstate NY..It wont be up till late august...Please don't ask its a touchy subject and almost led to a divorce ..Anyway, I found a 55000 BTU aqua comfort "Rome industries" heat pump with very little use for 300 dollars...its way to small isn't it?
Biagio

Thanks Ross!! you have no idea how hard it is to say thanks "Ross"..... Its like the Niagara falls Abbott and Costello bit...slooooowly...anyway
its like new was used two season and was $2300 new, he has settled at 400 plus threw in a pool alarm which I need..the only specs I could find say it can be used up to 13,500 gallon pool..I'm not looking to get my pool hot just want to give my kid a week in September to swim without hypothermia.
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/spo/3154853747.html

Looks like i am late to this party...how do you want to use a pool heater? Are you hoping to extend your season, or just get the water warmer during the season?

In cold climates, and for most people, heat pumps are not a great choice. They really can't extend the season, since they do not work when the ambient temperature is low. If you just want warmer water during the normal season they can do that...again assuming your nights don't get too cold. For extending the season, gas heaters are really better suited, since they can heat even when ambient temperatures are a little lower and they can do it fast (assuming proper sizing and a cover on the pool). The cost however of the gas to do this can be high.

im just looking to extend into mid September up here in NY, I wasn't considering a heater at all due to operating costs untill I saw this .. Chances are it will be hot again up here in Binghamton this september I just wanted a little reassurance. we average about 52 degrees at night and 75 during the day in September

ahhh now he threw in a brand new poolguard alarm that I was just about to buy..Im at 200 dollars for a heat pump considering I just saved buying the alarm..Im thinking at worst it will be good for some cooler summer days..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.