Intex 2650 GPH Krystal Clear Sand Filter

Jul 15, 2012
I can get it for $200 shipped. I assume that's a good price. Any chances of it going cheaper during the winter? Also, I'm considering the salt version which I can get for $359 shipped, but I'm still not sold on it. I've heard mixed things about salt. I'm also concerned it will speed up any rust that may happen on my Intex Ultra Frame.

Any suggestions?

I would recommend getting the Saltwater Chlorine Generator (swg) separate from the pump/filter, they will never fail at the same time...kind of like vcr/tv combos.

There are many people on here with the intex ultra and swgs. There have been a few reports of corrosion, but not many I think.

Winter time, I would bring the pump in, and drain the filter leaving (leaving it cracked open..I can't remember if the intex has a winterization valve position). Many people around here leave there pools up over the winter, just drain 6 inches below the water connections.

Thanks. I'd really love to leave it up year round, but being in NY (about 1.5 hours north of NYC) we do get some really cold days/nights, and I'm afraid the thing would get damaged. Can anyone convince me to leave it up year round? LOL. You're from MN and I'm assuming it gets much colder out there than it would in Southern NY

ylomnstr said:
You're from MN and I'm assuming it gets much colder out there than it would in Southern NY
Yes it does.

My neighbor has left his non-ultra intex metal frame pool up for 2 winters now and it has been fine. I think the cost/work to take down, then set up, then fill each year is more than possibly needing to replace the pool sooner. Besides, many intex users want to upgrade after a couple years anyways (to bigger intex's or more permanent agp or igp pools).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.