Cell Cord Burnout Autopilot DIG-220???

Aug 5, 2012
Hello:

Checking my system over today and cleaning it and when I was checking my cell and I was removing the cord I noticed the insulation around the female connectors looks like they melted and made quite a mess.

I have a Autopilot DIG-220, it's about 3 years old, never had any problems.

I did notice when I was detaching the cord head from the cell it was warm.

I was wondering why this may have happened? Just worn out?

I see I can get a replacement for about $50.

Is there anything else I should check for? It was running fine.

I just unhooked it and kept it running for tonight, will that be OK? The computer just won't read the power connection, but I wanted to run the filter tonight. Should I just shut it down until I get a new cord?

Thanks!!

The cell cord should not feel hot to the touch. Often, if moisture gets in there, it will cause damage. Such as when the cell is removed for service or cleaning, the cell terminals should be dried off before reconnecting. Also, do not let any water get in the cell plug.
Lubing the terminals, as Dave recommended, is a good idea too.

Thanks for the advice. I have a new one on the way. I am guessing moisture got in there as we have had a lot of heavy rains here.

What would work at cleaning that black "goop" off the cell terminals?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.