Algae growth

May 12, 2009
we have had a ton of rain here in East Tennessee. I have been keeping levels around 3 with liquid store bleach, however today I noticed some algae growth behind our wedding cake stairs and around corners of the wall, Not really green algae but more yellow green. Just on floor/wall crease on one side and then around stairs....I have 0 cc, and 3 Fc, so not sure what to do. I just vacuumed it really good and cleaned all the spots that I saw. Is this a huge concern? Never had algae in the past, but we haven't had 4 inches of rain each week in the past either?

With a cya of 30 ppm, you should never let your FC drop below 2 ppm ...2-6 ppm is the normal range according to poolcalculator.com.

To raise your 9100 gallon pool (I assumed 3.5 ft water depth) to your shock level for 30 ppm cya of 13 ppm FC (from 3 ppm FC), poolcalculator.com gives me 189 ounces of 6% bleach (about 1.5 gallons).

12 ounces will only raise it ~0.6 ppm FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.