Ladder recommendations for Intex 18x48

rj2222

Jun 11, 2012
Michigan
Hi everyone. Right now I just have the ladder that comes with the Intex 18x48 AGP. It worked out ok for most people, although it's a little wobbly, giving off that not sturdy feeling.
I have a few "bigger" friends though, and even though the ladder says it holds up to 300lb, we were all kinda scared as a few of them tried the ladder based on its not sturdiness. One person even got kinda stuck at their hips at the top in the hand rails since its pretty narrow.

Any recommendations for a more sturdy and possibly wider ladder for that size pool? Even people under 150lb thought the ladder felt kinda wobbly too, which i can see since the ladder is real light and hollow.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

I don't think it's adjustable. Yes, it's a bit high for our pool but it's very stable and my wife likes the platform on top for sitting and dangling her feet in the water. A little pricey, but we think it's worth every penny.

Hi
We have the Integrity ladder. It too is pricey though we got one for less at a local store. It's adjustable from 48 to 52 inches. I like it for its steady and sturdy. I have seen enough of folks with head trauma or broken limbs from falls. We decided it was a good investment. It can also convert to a deck ladder. You can also remove the outside steps to prevent some from climbing in.
http://www.poolproducts4less.com/sw...ntegrity-a-frame-ag-pool-ladder-complete.html
Have fun swimming!

Northern California 9 X 18 Intex Ultra Frame Pool (mint in the box), 1 hp Hayward C-400 pump & cartridge filter Twins (Boy/Girl) 10 yrs old

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.