Hello from Alabama

Aug 5, 2012
We have had our pool for about 6 years now and have had off and on issues with green algae. Up until 3 weeks ago, we have always been able to get control and have crystal clear water. We have shocked and shocked to no avail. Our pool used to be shaded and now we have full sun ( we cut the tree down).
I tested the water this morning using our K-2005 test kit

pool size is 20X40 lagoon style in ground vinyl liner

FC .5
TC 1
CC .5
PH 8
TA 150
CH 290
CYA 90
Temp is 85

We are just really stumped, we have put in algaecide, shocked the pool, backwashed the filter, added water. We have had several weeks now of high temps, high humidity and a fair amount of rain.

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Based on your test results, your pool is overstabilized - CYA is too high. I suggest that you do the water dance (series of drains/refills) to replace about 44% of your water to lower the CYA to about 50ppm.

After that, you can retest everything and see what else needs adjusting prior to starting the shock process.

Well it's been almost a month and just yesterday the water finally turned blue again!!! I am sure some bells were ringing somewhere. So here is the latest numbers:

FC-6
TC-3
PH 7.4
Alk 70
CA hardness 200
CYA 40

We have a 36000 gl
vinyl liner

Do you think we are finally stable now, it seems so but thought I would ask. Thank you for this site, it was a life saver in getting rid of the algae.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.