Problems with Ph on Jandy Chemlink 1900

Aug 4, 2012
Hi all, hope someone can help. I have a 20 x 36 pool in chicago, with all Jandy equipment built last year. Builder sold me chemlink c1900. Last year orp was not properly hooked up, I only learned this year, but seems to be functioning now after repair. Strangely, my Ph always gets offset and goes way off the scale, randomly. The entire chemlink and probes have been replaced 3 times by builder and Jandy rep from Zodiac. This has not helped the issue. Ph still bounces like crazy, and if within range, the system then dumps acid in the pool! Great! Been a real pain. Jandy rep has no idea, and can't even get answer from national headquarters. Any input would be great, as I'm very close to returning this product. Ph definitely worked last year, so seems that something in the winter created a glitch that causes it to lose calibration after I calibrate it. Ph in pool and all other chemicals spot on. Thanks!!!!!

a few questions:

1) Has the PH probe ever been calibrated?
2) Have you tested the water from the probe bowl itself to see what the PH is?
3) Is there water circulating through the probe bowl?
4) Where are the acid and chlorine being injected in the system?

Tjank you for your help. Unfortunately all those things have been checked numerous times and are ok. It seems every time filter pump is reset, the ph goes back to 8.8.occasiobally after several hours it drops to appropriate 7.5 but then gets reset every morning.

If you are not running your pump constantly, then I can see there being an issue if there is very low flow through the cell. Also, the power to the C1900 should not be tied into the pump. You don't want it resetting all the time.

Other than that, sounds like it's installed incorrectly or you have a bum unit.

check to see if the ph probe is in orp and orp in ph
i had that orp was steady ph was low at first then would rise during the day so it would feed acid to make up what it thought was ph but was the orp rising

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.