hole in liner

May 24, 2007
SOUTHREN VIRGINIA
there is a small hole in our liner and outside wall though ive made sure there are no sharp edges on the poolside i cant seem to get a patch to go on properly after applying the glue to the patch and pulling it apart underwater it just doesnt adhere properly ive cleaned up the surrounding area with a abrasive pad and sponge.also now iam starting to see what i believe to be rust from the inside wall making sharp points toward the liner,the pool is only 5 years old,any ideas?? :?

What kind of glue are you using? They all set quickly, but some set so quickly that underwater patching is almost impossible. Boxer #100 is supposed to set a little slower to let you get the job done under water.

Not sure how to advise you on the rust. To do anything about it, you'll have to drain the pool and pull the liner, which will probably require a new liner anyway, but if you let it go, you might need a new pool.

pool liner patch

the glue comes from a pool store patch kit-where would you find boxer glue ? sure would like to try that as i think thats my problem ,it just sets up to fast.as far as the rust i was afraid that would be the answer id get,guess i wanted to tell me it was probaly just mineral deposits and not to worry about it.. :lol: iam gonna try to for go changing the liner till next season,hopefully itll make it through the summer.as we live in a rural area it would sure put a strain on my well.thanks :gone:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.