DIY Cooling Towers

maxepr1

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2011
DFW
More than halfway through the second swim season I have officially certified them as legit! Pool water has not risen 1 degree over 85* in the last month even with temps in the 100's temperature is steady! Running the filter at night for 9 hours keeps the temp at 85*! During the daytime temperature rises up into the low 90's. By morning were back down to the low 80's. I see no change in evaporation levels at all! I add about 3"s of water a month. With all the doubters out there (including my neighbors), next time you jump into your HOT pool, take a handful of teabags with you!
photo-21.jpg

photo-20.jpg

photo-19.jpg

Linen, the largest hole you can use (I found) is 1/16, that said I leave the spray tubes loose (not glued) so I can twist them up or down depending on how windy it is. I run at night when here in Texas it is way less windy at night. Almost no wind really. I get about 8 feet of air and it pretty much falls back down like rain, in large drops. It falls in a 3'x3' area. If you get under it when running, the water is noticeably colder!

Hi,

I was searching the forum for coolers and found your post. The pics of your pool is exactly what I want to replicate. Would you be willing to point me to your thread on how you made it and attached them to the return lines?

I'll PM you as well in case this thread doesn't register for you since it's a few years old.

Thanks
Rick

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.