Coverstar Swaping Motor ends and reversing clutch direction

Aug 4, 2012
I recently moved a pool that had a coverstar system on it that i hadnt seen work. In the move we decided to reconfigure the coverstar set up by switching the motor end from a left hand to a right hand mount. initially this didn't seem too difficult , the motor mechanism seemed to fix on either end, and the pulleys could be flipped to the other side of the mechanism. Only problem is that now its finished ive realised the system seems to work with some type of clutch that means the tube still spins the same way as I am assuming before. i.e now the cover is being pulled under the tube rathern than over it. Does anyone know if the clutch system can be reconfigured so it works in the opposite way ? trying to describe this wasn't too easy so there is a picture below

Attachments

• coverstar.JPG
    coverstar.JPG
    367.6 KB · Views: 33
Re: Coverstar Swaping Motor ends and reversing clutch direct

No, you will have to buy a new assembly on the drive end. I am going thru the same issues on a customers pool. They changed their mind as to where they wanted the drive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.