Rock under liner

Mar 10, 2011
The pool is two years old. I can feel two rocks under the liner. One of which seems to be working its way through. Should I cut it, grab the rock, and then patch it? Or should I place a patch over it now and hope for the best?

Our pool is 5 years old and has 3 or 4 tiny rocks under the liner. So far they have not caused any problems. We know where they are and try to avoid them. I personally would not cut a good liner. It probably wouldn't hurt to put a patch over it for extra protection if they are working through.

We also have a 'rock' in the deep end on the lower end of the slanted wall. I believe it is a piece of the perlite that has chipped off. This is going to take about an 8" round patch. I am getting more concerned about what happens to th perite base when we finally replace this liner. Do they get resurfaced in any way??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.