New Pool Pebble finish - Discoloration Issues

Aug 4, 2012
Had my pool refinished with Pebble tec like finish by 33 year AAA rated business bureau pool company. Darker blue finish was applied. It has been three weeks since finish was applied and discoloration is beginning to show in the shallow end. When this began two weeks ago, pool company came to view and said it was "fat" and would disappear, but seems to be getting worse. It is now about that time where the company will be sending someone to install the salt chlorine Generator and add the first dosages of salt.

I sent the pool company contact the below pictures and requested he revisit and fix. Should I stop them from adding salt and making that conversion from chlorine tabs presently used?
Is there any chance the pool is still curing and these bothersome lighter streaks vanish?

I brought my water to their retail store for testing and followed their directions. Presently PH on test strip looks like it is on the lower end @ like 7.4 or so. Couple days ago they told me to add 6 cups of Acid which I did. I have been also following their direction since resurface and keeping about 4 - 3" tabs in the skimmer of chlorine.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

86a130a3.jpg

3fab5102.jpg

8f9edef5.jpg

I have a similar issue about 2-3 months into a new pebble sheen finish but have hesitated on calling them back to look. I've read on TFP that they can come back and repeat the acid wash. I was not sure about how effect that would be and if it was worth the hassle.

Curious to see others' opinions who have had a similar issue.

The pool company finisher came by this weekend and jumped in the pool with a gallon of acid and wire brushed the discoloration. He called the spots calcium spots.
I must say after a bit if scrubbing that they all disappeared. So... looks like a happy ending.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.