Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Crease or kink in pool wall

1. Back To Top    #1

Crease or kink in pool wall

Last night we were setting up the pool wall and the wind blew it over and created a few creases or kinks is the wall. Is there a way to remove them or reduce there appearance? Will this harm or weaken the pool? Thanks.
    Patriot Arcadia 15' round 52". Pentair Clean and Clear 100 sqft Cartridge filter, 1HP Optiflow pump, Goldline Aquatrol SWG. 2 - 4'x20' solar panels roof mounted. All rigid PVC plumbing. Resin Solar reel with 8mil Thermo-tex solar cover. 14 x 12 deck.

Ovation 15'x24'x52'' AG. Pentair System 3 150 SQ foot cartridge filter, 1 1/2 HP pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

They should pretty much straighten themselves out when you fill it up if they are not too bad. It won't weaken the wall in any way that matters.

Don't feel bad. I creased mine putting my daughter over the wall goofing around. It pretty much disappeared with the water in it.
    Wilbar 12 x 17 Buttress Free AG (~4400 Gal?)
    Hayward 225 sq ft cartridge filter
    1/2 HP Pentair Whisperflo
    Liquidator chlorine feeder
    Pool Rover Jr.
    BBB - it's the way to go

3. Back To Top    #3
    Had the same thing happen to mine and once full, it was like new.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4
    That’s what i figured. It was disappointing; I should have braced the wall as it was going up. Now I will have to tare it down and readjust the track and start over. The wall is very heavy and a pain the butt to put up. It was just me and my father, last nightI think I will invite my father-in-law over to help this weekend.
    Patriot Arcadia 15' round 52". Pentair Clean and Clear 100 sqft Cartridge filter, 1HP Optiflow pump, Goldline Aquatrol SWG. 2 - 4'x20' solar panels roof mounted. All rigid PVC plumbing. Resin Solar reel with 8mil Thermo-tex solar cover. 14 x 12 deck.

Ovation 15'x24'x52'' AG. Pentair System 3 150 SQ foot cartridge filter, 1 1/2 HP pump.

5. Back To Top    #5
    The more people the better.

I had 4 people helping me with the wall.
    My 11 year old son who held the one side while we worked around the pool, my best friend, my hubby and me unrolling it on plywood and placing in track and bolting up the side.

It's hard work but well worth it! 8) Good Luck and post lots of pics!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter