Intex Ultraframe 16ft x 48" pump/filter conversion & more

freebird1963

Jul 30, 2012
Hello All
New to the site. Been reading alot of the posts esp those concerning the conversion stuff. Ingenious folks here thats for sure.

I am wanting to convert the filter/pump that came with the Intex to our "normal" filter and pump and connect that to the Intex SWG system. (stand alone not the one with the filter/pump with it)

I read the discussions about how others have done it and still a little confused on the pool outlet/return connections.
I went to Lowes and got the 1 1/4 electrical box adapters. . I sanded down the face of the box adapter to remove the raised lettering.
I got a couple of 1 1/2 couplers also.
I assume that the box adpaters get glued into the coupler and then after I cut the hoses to take off the screw on nuts I slide them over the glued couple/box adapter and that screws onto the pool outlet/return part.

IS THAT RIGHT ?

Once that is done I can pipe in a ball valve for shut off like the plunger was there. I am not going to pvc the whole thing. I am planning on going to the ground with pvc and then hose over the the SWG and Pump n Filter.

Would it be better to elbow down and then insert the ball valve for weight issues or put the valve straight out and then elbow down ?

I am not gonna add a new skimmer since money is tight so was wondering if it matters if 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 pipe makes a difference ? Staying with the original ports that came with the pool.

THanks
Mark

Re: Intex Ultraframe 16ft x 48" pump/filter conversion & mo

Cutting holes in the pool is easier done than said. If youre upgrading the lines, small holes wont help, and will reduce the flow. Cut the holes, it's actually quite easy and not nearly as scary as it sounds.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.