child had accident in pool

I agree with Leebo.

Being a nurse, it was interesting to find out for myself. Lots of my patients go to public pools and such.

This is from the CDC recommendations..... It appears more for public pools, but it basically says ...shock it or add some extra chlorine that will kills most, not all germs, and you will be fine. Let the water circulate at least once. As long as it was not diarrhea and all of the stool was removed.

~~~Raise the free chlorine to 2 parts per million (ppm), if less than 2 ppm, and ensure pH 7.5 or less and a temperature of 77°F (25°C) or higher. This chlorine concentration was selected to keep the pool closure time to approximately 30 minutes. Other concentrations or closure times can be used as long as the contact time (CT) inactivation value* is achieved (see next page).
4. Maintain free chlorine concentration at 2 ppm and pH 7.5 or less for at least 25 minutes before reopening the pool. State or local regulators may require higher free chlorine levels in the presence of chlorine stabilizers,† which are known to slow disinfection. Ensure that the filtration system is operating while the pool reaches and maintains the proper free chlorine concentration during the disinfection process.~~~

Here is the website...

http://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/pdf/swi ... ations.pdf

I just had this happen not long ago at my sons birthday party. Little went in her swim diaper.
I elevated the fc to 8 that morning, I normally keep it about 4.5 no issues at all, cl just did its job.
My god daughter also threw up in our pool from swallowing too much water, did the same thing elevated fc to ~8 and no issues. I basically just about double the amount of fc in the pool when something like this happens and with little ones it will :)
This Seems to work well for me

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.