Diverter sucking air

sefrlw

Mar 25, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
I have a Compool(PacFab) PTV-2T This one http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_valves_pentair_compool_2and3_way.htm

It is sucking air. I can't remove it as there are no unions just glued pipe. It looks from the parts breakdown that it is fairly simple to rebuild. Any tips or tricks anyone can give me on this?

Also the seals have been sucking air since year 2 and it is now year 10. Any PM I can do to keep it from sucking air? The air was not bad at all before this year. It was just sucking when the pump was off. Now it is actually sucking when the pump is running. It looks like some of my problems are the air. So time to fix it.

Thanks

Rubber bits get crunchy and wear out. Don't think there's anything you can do about that.

I just noticed you're in Wake Forest. We had some very good friends move there from DFW last year. They love it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.